Thursday, August 2, 2007

Whoopi Goldberg, Welcome to "The View"


Yesterday's episode of "The View" had the veteran talk show hosts welcoming Whoopi Goldberg with open arms! Goldberg officially became the newest addition to "The View's" talk show hosts after Rosie O'Donnell's controversial role caused her to leave the show earlier this spring. Barbara Walters officially hired Goldberg and said she is even looking to add one more person to the group. Hopefully this new clan of chatter boxes will at LEAST have a better strategy on who gets to talk when. The show can be very interesting at times, but when three people are arguing or talking at the same time, it gets completely out of control, not to mention difficult to understand. According to LATimes.com said she is looking forward to being part of the daytime show. "It's great conversation to be had with these women. They're very diverse in their thinking, they're very different, and they have different views. And I love being part of that."
The 51-year--old comedian said her goal is not to be controversial.
"I'm just planning to be me," she said. "You know, I'm not Rosie and I don't have any shoes to fill. I'm not going to pretend liek I can do what she can do with an audience....Hopefully I'll be just as interesting."
Even executive producer Barbara Walters was quotes saying "She [Goldberg] brings us everything because she is funny and edgy and brilliant."

Check out Whoopi's warm welcoming in the video below!

No comments: