Thursday, June 14, 2007

A "Different" View of Katherine Heigl

"Knocked Up" definitely portrayed "Grey's Anatomy's" Katherine Heigl in a new way.....I saw it last night and was satisfied, yet thoroughly surprised at the excessiveness of some particulars in the movie. Examples? Definitely the language (which didn't bother me but is better suited for the college-aged crowd than for Mom or Dad), the nudity and vulgarity.....um, the birth scene? YIKES! Talk about a surprise! If that didn't scare every guy and father-to-be in the theatre, I don't know what will!

On the flip side, the humor was what I expected. My sense of humor is very selective and only a few movies can get me rolling on the floor such as "The Breakfast Club," "Tommy Boy," "Black Sheep," "Liar Liar" and "Dodgeball." "Knocked Up" actually had a few cute lines in there that actually elicited a laugh from me, but lame stuff like people just tripping or screaming at someone else isn't funny to me. (Except for when Debbie kept yelling "Doorman!") I'm more about the facial expressions and how someone says something. Like the lady who sat in the office talks with Heigl. Not only was she weird, but the way she was talking coupled with her facial expressions was hilarious!! "Tighten up!" I don't know why but I also thought it was hilarious when the doctor near the end of the movie was talking to Ben outside and he brightened up.

Doc: This is healthy. This is good. I think we're bonding.

To me, the comment was so random and his facial expression was priceless.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to go see it again and if someone in my house rented it, I might not watch the whole thing, just certain parts. If you haven't seen it, it's a good two hours so make sure you really want to see it! Anyways, give me your opinion of the movie.

Then check out these sites!
http://abackstageproduction.blogspot.com
http://tuningin2music.blogspot.com

No comments: